SES focuses on social enterprise activities in the following areas:
Water & SAnitation
- Safe, affordable drinking water
- Health and hygiene training for adults
- Hand washing awareness for children
- Fair distribution and maintenance of toilets
- Access to medical treatment.
- Preventative health care programmes.
Waste Management and Environmental Protection
- Clean disposal of waste
- Recycling initiatives and awareness activities
- Affordable domestic and commercial solar lighting
- Solar lighting for communal spaces
- Training in equipment repair and maintenance
Cleaner, smokeless “chulhas” (clay cooking stoves)
- Training across a range of skillsets to promote social entrepreneurship, including literacy, computer, finance, sales, strategic planning, reporting, negotiation, management and communication.
- Teacher and train-the-trainer skills building
- English, computer and other skills training for children
- Women’s empowerment initiatives
- Farmer cooperatives that improve livelihoods and working conditions
- Farming innovations to increase yields
- Sustainable processes to protect the environment and food security
- Ethical factories with safe working conditions and fair wages.
- In-factory initiatives to improve workers’ lives